what we believe
- In the verbal inspiration of the Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments.
- Our God is a trinity in unity, manifested in three persons; the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- That regeneration by the Holy Ghost for the salvation of lost and sinful man, through faith in the shed blood of Christ, is absolutely essential.
- In a life of holiness, without which no man can see the Lord, through sanctification as a definite, yet progressive, work of grace.
- In the Baptism of the Holy Ghost, received subsequent to the new birth, with the speaking in other tongues, as the Spirit give utterance, as the initial physical sign.
- In water baptism by immersion for believers only, which is a direct commandment of our Lord, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost.
- In the Lord's supper and washing of the saints' feet.
- That divine healing provided for in the atonement, and is available to all who truly believe.
- In the pre-millennial second coming of Jesus: first, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to meet Him in the air; and, second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation.
Have a question about what we believe at Hope Church? Get in touch with a person on our lead team directly by clicking the button below.